Our ideal candidate
We are looking for someone that holds and enjoys maintaining high standards, with keen attention to detail. Applicants must be willing and capable of taking accountability and ownership for an on-site finance operation and be familiar with hospitality finance operations to be able to deliver the requirements of the owners and management company effectively.
Responsibilities of the Finance Assistant will include but are not limited to:
· Being responsible for the maintenance of the financial records of the hotel
· Assisting with the preparation of P&L and owners pack, monthly financial report submission etc.
· Payroll administration
· Revenue reconciliation
· Cost tracking and reporting. Ensuring control of the hotels’ sales ledger, ensuring that all invoices, receipts, BACS payments etc. are correctly posted to the system
· Basic purchase ledger coding and undertaking sales ledger end-of-month procedures, sending statements to debtors, producing reports required by Axiom Hospitality HO
· Checking all purchase invoices are accurately produced and preparing for General Manager authorisation
· Banking control
· Producing any other ad-hoc reports that may be requested by the GM or Axiom Hospitality HO
· Ensuring the accuracy of all nominal accounts sent by Axiom Hospitality HO on a monthly basis, and resolving any queries.
The ideal person for this role will be enthusiastic about change, focused on details and trusting.
The core skills and experience required to succeed:
· Knowledge of IT systems that support financial and hotel objectives
· Good communication skills, the ability to communicate verbally and in writing both concisely and logically are a necessity
· To be an enthusiastic team player with a flexible approach and have experience in empowering a team to successfully meet expectations
· Previous experience in hotels is preferred but not essential
· You must have the right to work in the UK to be eligible for this role. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from all candidates
What we offer:
£12.50 per hour
Part-time contract (30hrs per week, over 5 days/week)
· F&B discounts and £45 rooms at all Axiom Hospitality Hotels (yes, this includes our 4 and 5 star hotels in London!)
· Discounts across retail, restaurants, events and more, through our Hapi Hub benefits portal
· Access to our Employee Assistance Line to support your Mental Health and Wellbeing
· Yearly complimentary Axiom Xcape stayover after one year of service
· Growing team with great training, progression, and promotion opportunity
· Rewards for referring a friend: referral bonus for recommending a new team member starts at £250 per successful hire
· Free meals on duty
· Length of service awards, ranging from 1 year to 3, 5, 10 and 20-year rewards and more!
Opportunities for all
At Axiom Hospitality we thrive on differences and believe it is critical to our success as a fast-growing hospitality company with global aspirations. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace that seeks to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We, therefore, encourage applications from all genders, races, religions, ages, and sexual orientations, as well as parents, veterans, people living with disabilities, and any other groups that could bring diverse perspectives to our business.
We offer our people a world of opportunity. At Axiom Hospitality, we drive the performance of hotels in prime locations to deliver value to our investors and owners. With our serious growth plans comes serious opportunity, and there will always be new opportunities for you to grow and challenge yourself.
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-analytics||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Analytics".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-functional||11 months||The cookie is set by GDPR cookie consent to record the user consent for the cookies in the category "Functional".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-necessary||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookies is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Necessary".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-others||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Other.|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-performance||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Performance".|